IPCR-primers

CAMERON at VAXC.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU CAMERON at VAXC.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU
Mon Aug 2 20:31:47 EST 1993

Dear Netters,
     I am planning to perform IPCR on the native transposon of
Arabidopsis (TAG1). I am about to choose primers for this
purpose. Is there any real reason why an outward directed
primer in the inverted repeat should not be chosen?  For
instance how variable are these inverted repeats, what is the
frequency of minor end deletions and are there likely to be
any "free floating" (transposon free) inverted repeats in the
Arabidopsis genome that would cause amplification of lots of
unidentified DNA? If anyone can offer some advice or
information it would be most appreciated.

                         Cameron S. Johnson