Tn10 Tet repressor antibody

David J. Meyer ez005587 at
Wed Aug 18 00:36:12 EST 1993

Hello, netters!

	I am looking for an antibody directed against the Tn10 Tet
repressor to screen putative transgenic plants for expression of this
protein. I know of some cases where northerns show very low expression,
but am not sure what levels are actually required for good control of a
target gene. Screening for high protein expression levels seems
reasonable. If anyone has information regarding the use of this system,
screening for Tet transgenics, and especially screening for protein
expression, please respond via Email or the net.

David J. Meyer
djmeyer at