Anitsense RNA and Mitosis
xie at OCELOT.RUTGERS.EDU
Thu Aug 26 11:49:15 EST 1993
I am a graduate student at Rutgers University. I am interested in knowing
if anyone has experience or knows any references about over- expressing
antisense RNA in Arabidopsis.
I am also interested in techniques and references about studying the
process of mitosis in Arabidopsis. i.e.:
1. Can anti-tubulin antibody be used to distinguish the different
stages of mitosis?
2. Can you visualize chromosome structure under light microscope?
3. What are the dimensions of the five chromosomes in Arabidopsis?
4. Are there any well established protocols for Arabidopsis cell
5. Is there any way to mitotically synchronize Arabidopsis cells.
6. If Arabidopsis is not a good system for studying plant mitotic
processes, what are the good plant systems? Can I use those
systems to understand the mitotic processes in Arabidopsis?
6. Any comments on Arabidopsis in situ hybridization (esp. within
Any information, references or experience you can provide me with
would be greatly appreciated.
Piscataway, NJ 08855
email: xie at mbcl.rutgers.edu
More information about the Arab-gen