NET.BIO.NET News software upgrade still not successful 8-(

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Tue Dec 7 13:59:34 EST 1993

Despite several attempts over the weekend, Monday, and until the early
morning hours on Tuesday, a combination of software and hardware
problems aborted our news software upgrade efforts.  Kenton believes
that he now has a solution, but we will be postponing another attempt
possibly until next weekend.  Consequently we have reverted back to
the old news transport system temporarily.  Some messages were
duplicated yet again during the aborted attempts over the weekend, but
the duplication problem should now be corrected for the interim.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and my thanks to Kenton for
sacrificing his weekend and staying till all hours of the night to
work on this issue for the benefit of the community.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net