Marketing Scheme...or is that Scam?

mmelan at mmelan at
Thu Dec 30 18:36:04 EST 1993

        Has anyone "out there" tried growing Arabidopsis seed on a Chia Pet???

Seems to me this should work although I've not been willing to spend the $15
on a Chia Pet to actually test the idea.  I'd think you'd get a "pet" with
a shorter coat more like a poodle or freshly shorn sheep.
        Now if we could just get Fred Lehle and Ron Popiel together to make
an Info-mercial.....with an equitable cut in the profits for the genome
project of course!

        Get the impression I spent too much of the holidays in front of the TV?