Comments on USDA genome program

somerville at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.MPG.dbp.de somerville at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.MPG.dbp.de
Sat Feb 13 17:14:45 EST 1993

The Coordinating Committee for the USDA Genome Program will meet next
week to evaluate the program and advise the USDA accordingly. Since
the inception of the program several years ago the USDA has provided
funding for genome work through competitive grants, has sponsored the
development of databases (including AATDB and AIMS) and has sponsored
meetings such as the recent San Diego meeting.

If you have any comments, positive or negative, about the program please
send them to me by next Tuesday and I will ensure that your comments
are considered by the coordinting committee.

Chris Somerville
somerville
@vax.mpiz-koeln.mpg.dbp.de