sequence assembly software

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Thu Feb 18 11:10:36 EST 1993

In article <29082 at dog.ee.lbl.gov> veklerov at spindle.ee.lbl.gov (eugene veklerov) writes:
>I am trying to locate the existing software packages for sequence assembly.
>The package we are currently using is XDAP.  There are 2 other similar
>packages made by private companies, but they are not available on the Sun.
>I also know that the Baylor College of Medicine is in the process of
>writing such a package.
>
>Does anyone know if there are other similar software packages available
>on the Sun?

I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but you may want to
take a look at GDE (kudos to Steve Smith), which does many things - including
contig assembly.  There are versions of GDE for Sun Sparcstations, DECStations,
and SGIs.

You can get GDE by gopher or anonymous ftp.

Gopher:

Point you gopher client at merlot.welch.jhu.edu

select the following directories:

 -->  2.  FTP Sites For Biology/

   -->  18. GDE (Genetic Data Environment)  (Harvard)/

FTP:  anonymous ftp to golgi.harvard.edu.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu