antibodies

jkreps at BIOCHEM.UMASS.EDU jkreps at BIOCHEM.UMASS.EDU
Fri Feb 19 12:21:57 EST 1993

Dear Network,
I am looking for an antibody (rabbit) to use as a loading control for a western
blot.  I need an antibody that will bind to a protein in a crude extract from
whole Arabidopsis plants and will give me a single band that I can use to
compare different lanes within a gel to ensure that they are equally loaded.
I detect the primary antibody with a goat-anti-rabbit IgG fused to HRP.  Does
anyone out there have such an antibody which they would be willing to send
me, or does anyone know of a commercial source?  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Joel A. Kreps
Dept of Bioch. and Molec. Biology
U. Mass at Amherst