PCR for mapping purposes?

bosborne at INSECT.BERKELEY.EDU bosborne at INSECT.BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Feb 20 22:24:59 EST 1993

To the Group,

I'm in the process of mapping T-DNA flanking regions using
RI lines, courtesy of C. Dean. I've had experience mapping
clones as RFLPs in tomato, by Southern. I would like use
an alternative approach, such as PCR (with or without
subsequent restricion enzyme cleavage) or SSPG. Could anyone
spare the sequence of primer pairs corresponding to previously
mapped Goodman or Meyerowitz clones where the pair reveal
differences between Col-0 and Landsberg erecta? I would be
using these primers simply as positive controls.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,

    Brian Osborne			Plant Gene Expression Center
    bosborne at insect.berkeley.edu	Albany CA USA

    Why, with the time,  do I not glance aside to new-found methods
    and to compounds strange?   Why write I still all one, ever the
    same,  And keep invention in a noted weed...?     Sonnets, 1609