sequence assembly software

Littlejohn Tim little at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Mon Feb 22 18:27:40 EST 1993

francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA (Francis Ouellette) writes:

>another one is the IG-Suite (intelligenetics), it is good, but will put
>you back some $$$ (quite a few of them!).  At this time I would not recommend
>the IG-Suite.  I just received xdap (ie Stasen package) and so, I
>cannot tell you about it yet, but I have heard from many yeasters that
>it does the job well.  xdap is a must if you are doing automated
>sequencing (ALF or ABI).

A new discovery??

I am currently investigating a package I saw advertised in Nature
(11 February 1993, page xix i.e. in the ads before the editorial)
from a firm called PDI (Protein and DNA ImageWare Systems). Their
software, the ad says, runs on SPARCstations, and includes a program
called "DNA Code" which "reads DNA sequence"....

Anyone had any experience with this package???

Tim

E-mail:     little at ere.umontreal.ca         Tim Littlejohn

Snail Mail: Departement de biochimie        Phone: (514) 343-7936
            Universite de Montreal          Fax:   (514) 343-2210
            C.P. 6128, succursale A,
            Montreal (Quebec), H3C 3J7
            CANADA