RICE GENOME newsletter (Japan) third issue is out!

Ilkka Havukkala ilkka at RICE.NBH.AFFRC.GO.JP
Thu Jul 1 00:52:30 EST 1993

RICE GENOME newsletter third issue available

The third issue (vol. 2, issue 1) of RICE GENOME,
the newsletter of the Japanese Rice Genome
Research Program (NIAR/STAFF) at Tsukuba has
been published 1. July 1993. It contains 23+ pages
and is being mailed by surface to ca. 2600
recipients world-wide.

CONTENTS :
- Multigene families discovered by large scale cDNA analysis
- A high-density STS and EST linkage map of rice
- The rice RFLP linkage map
- SSCP analysis of rice genome DNA
- Construction of YAC contigs
- Use of cosmid libraries for physical mapping
- DNASIS automatic analysis system
and many smaller interesting feature articles.

The newsletter is free of charge. If you are not yet
in the mailing list, please send us the mailing
application form below.

The FOURTH ISSUE of the newsletter will be published
by the end of 1993. We cordially invite contributions
(news items, short articles, announcements etc.) from
the international plant genome research community.
DEADLINE for manuscripts is 1. OCTOBER 1993.

Please distribute this message to any interested
colleagues. Thank You.

Ilkka Havukkala
Informatics
Rice Genome Research Program
STAFF/NIAR
2-1-2 Kannondai, Norin Danchi
Tsukuba, 305 Ibaraki
Japan
ph. +81-298-38-7437
fax +81-298-38-7468
email: (internet) ilkka at rice..nbh.affrc.go.jp

Tick one:
                Keep my name on mailing list
                Add my name to mailing list
                Remove my name from the mailing list
                Correct my address (indicate what changes made)

Surname:
First Name(s):
Street:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Country:
Telephone:   +
Fax:             +
e-mail  (Internet):
Photocopy the above form, if necessary. Please submit
all the required information.

Return completed form to:

Dr. Ilkka Havukkala
Editorial Office of the Rice Genome
Rice Genome Research Program
NIAR
2-1-2, Kannondai
Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305
Japan
Fax: +81-298-38-7468
email: (internet) ilkka at rice..nbh.affrc.go.jp