GUS fusions

Brian H. Taylor BRIAN at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Wed Jul 7 14:21:41 EST 1993

Gijs van Rooijen wrote:

> It has been well documented that GUS tolerates protein fusions to its N-terminal
> end. Has anybody out there any experience (or knows of any references), in which
> fusions were made to the C-terminal end of GUS. I would like to know whether
> these fusions still show GUS activity. If not, does anybody know why?
> Thanks in advance,

    One good example of high activity GUS C-terminal fusions is the
work in Jim Carrington's laboratory where potyviral proteins and
their deletion derivatives were fused to GUS to identify nuclear
transport signals (Plant Cell 3: 953-962).

Brian H. Taylor                         *
Dept. of Biology, Texas A&M University  *  When we try to pick out
College Station, TX  77843-3258         *  anything by itself, we
                                        *  find it hitches to every-
Phone:  (409) 845-7754                  *  thing in the universe.
FAX:    (409) 845-2891                  *             John Muir
                                        *