Protein samples

BillBerry awb at aber.ac.uk
Sat Jul 24 10:24:12 EST 1993

This may be a FAQ, but here goes anyway.  I want to start
isolating soluble and membrane associated proteins from
WT and mutant Arabidopsis.  The only tissue I have worked
on in this way before was bean, of course loaded with
protein, and no shortage of starting material!  We
have difficulty in getting some of our mutants to grow,
and so my question is does anyone have experience/protocols
they could offer for small scale protein purification from starting
weights of only 1g or so of leaf/seedling material? After purification
I need to run the samples on SDS-PAGE for either profiling,
Western blotting or autoradiography.
Thanks

Andrew Berry
Dept. of Biological Sciences,