Mutant Gene Symbols

BTNYDWM at MVS.UCC.OKSTATE.EDU BTNYDWM at MVS.UCC.OKSTATE.EDU
Fri Jul 30 16:10:00 EST 1993

To the Arabidopsis Community (especially those preparing
for the Arabidopsis Conference at Ohio State University):

Please contact me to reserve mutant gene symbols before
you finish a poster or submit a manuscript.  This will
ensure that someone else has not already made plans to
use the same symbol.  All symbols for genes identified
by mutation should use 3 letters.  Different genes with
the same symbol are distinguished by different numbers
(for example: emb25 and emb26).  For additional details,
please refer to the handout on mutant gene symbols sent
last fall (December 15, 1992) by the ABRC at Ohio State
and distributed through this email network (file can be
obtained through AAtDB).

The following new symbols have been reserved since the
initial list was distributed in December:

acl, bbl, ber, cgl, cim, ddm, drg, drl, dsr, elv, fhy,
gbl, glm, grm, hbt, hof, iae, ino, les, med, nim, omr,
oni, orc, pad, pcm, pom, pop, rgm, rpg, sne, tip, tor,
trl, twd, twn, wle, wrg, zll.

If you plan to name a new locus identified by mutation,
please contact me immediately to reserve the symbol.
This is the best way to avoid chaos in nomenclature.
Another survey on nomenclature will be distributed at
the Ohio State meeting.

Thanks for your assistance.

David Meinke, Curator of Mutant Gene Symbols

Phone:  405-744-6549; FAX: 405-744-7673
email:  btnydwm at osucc.bitnet
        btnydwm at mvs.ucc.okstate.edu