aphids

V442MECZ at UBVMSB.CC.BUFFALO.EDU V442MECZ at UBVMSB.CC.BUFFALO.EDU
Fri Jun 4 10:00:53 EST 1993

Hi everybody,
	I'm looking for advice & information on aphids.  We grow spinach
hydroponically.  Periodically, we get serious aphid infestations.  In
past years, I've been treating the light infestations with safer soap
followed by a water rinse a couple of hours later.  Tanks overcome with
bugs are completely thrown out.  Neither one of these treatments is
especially effective, so I was wondering what the rest of the world does
to control aphids.  All advice would be welcome.
	In addition, does any one know of a good book or article on
aphid life cycle?
	Thanks.  Margaret Hollingsworth
		 SUNY at Buffalo
		 716 645 2968