Re; Lac Repressor in plants (survey)

BICHGUIL at MIZZOU1.MISSOURI.EDU BICHGUIL at MIZZOU1.MISSOURI.EDU
Sun May 23 22:00:43 EST 1993

Dear netters,
   I apologize for the previous copy of my survey of responses on lac
repressor query. That was my first attempt to send it using ccmail after
uploading file from the hard drive. The result is saying for itself:
many people around the world would think that I have unusual sense of
humour. (Congratulations to those who could decode it, anyway!).
 And now, the 2nd attempt:
I wish to thank all net people who responded to my question on using
Lac repressor in plants. It looks like many people are aware of the
Christiane Gatz work with tet repressor, and are in progress of
using this system in their own experiments. Athough Lac repressor
has also been shown now to work in plants, this didn't pop up from
my net search. Vadim Mett, a friend of mine from New Zealand, pointed
out to a recent paper (EBMO J., 1992, v.11, no.4, 1251-1259) using the
Lac system. Interestingly, Lac in plants was working without any
nuclear localization signal, although it is not clear if it would work
better with NLS. Below I attached few responses about tet repressor.

Sincerely,

Barbara Ulmasov,
University of Missouri-Columbia
Biochemistry Department