segregation distortion

Hugo Volkaert IO01072 at MAINE.MAINE.EDU
Wed Nov 10 09:26:19 EST 1993

Hi bionetters:
I am doing a little project for a class in molecular evolution of plants.
I chose as topic "meiotic drive and segregation distortion". I haven't
found a lot of information in the literature, apart from a few articles on
rice and conifers. I wonder how widespread the phenomenon is in the plant
kingdom. If you have encountered a situation of non-mendelian (1:1) segregation
I would appreciate if you could send me some data on it.
I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Hugo Volkaert