Basta

PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Fri Oct 1 16:39:29 EST 1993

Haska Adler recently asked
>Dear Netters,
>I would be interested in finding a cheap source of Basta or its
>equivalent.  Any ideas?
>Haskell Adler

You can buy an equivalent compound GLUFOSINATE AMMONIUM (#45520.01)
from Crescent Chemical Co., 1324 Motor Pkwy, Hauppage, NY 11788
Tel: 516-348-0913.  I don't remember the exact cost but was
the cheapest source when I explored.  By the way, this company is also
an inexpensive source for Thidiazuron, commonly used in woody plant
and legume tissue culture and charges much less than Sigma.  Infact
Nor-Am chemical used to give away Thidiazuron 5 gm free to any one
who asked and now Sigma has stepped in and charges $6,000 for five grams
of Thidiazuron!