Postdoctoral Position

tps at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU tps at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
Mon Oct 11 18:48:25 EST 1993

                     Postdoctoral Position

A postdoctoral research position is available immediately to study
"Regulation of Gibberellin (GA) Biosynthesis and GA Signal Transduction in
Arabidopsis".  By genomic subtraction technique, we have isolated the GA1
gene that controls the first committed step in gibberellin (GA)
biosynthesis (The Plant Cell 4, 119-128, 1992).  Using the cloned GA1 gene,
we are investigating the function of the GA1 protein in GA biosynthesis,
and the molecular mechanism involved in the regulation and the site of GA
biosynthesis at an early stage in the pathway. To examine other points of
regulation in GA biosynthesis and GA signal transduction, we are currently
screening mutants defective in GA biosynthesis  or mutants with altered
response to GA.
        A background in genetics, molecular biology and/or plant physiology
is desirable. Appointment will be for one year with the possibility of
continuation.  Applicants should send a curriculum vitae and names,
addresses, and phone numbers of three references to:

        Dr. Tai-ping Sun
        Department of Botany
        Box 90338
        Duke University