WS and CAPS

champagne at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU champagne at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU
Thu Sep 9 15:45:44 EST 1993

Hi Folks,
        I am distributing a reply to me from David Bouchez regarding the
use of CAPS with WS/Col and WS/Ler crosses.  Hope this helps some of you!

Sincerely,
Michele Champagne

Hello

We have tried the Caps approach on WS as compared to the Col and Ler
patterns, and our results are summarized below :

PVV4          WS = Col
NCC1          WS = Ler
GAPB          WS = Col (DdeI)
ADH           WS = Col (XbaI)

m246          WS = Ler
GPA1          WS = Col
m249          WS = Ler

GAPC          WS = Ler
GAPA          WS = Ler
GL1           WS = pattern distinct from both Ler and Col
BGL1          WS = Ler (Sau3AI and RsaI)

GA1           WS = Col
AG            WS = Ler
PG11          WS = Col
DHS1          WS = Ler (DdeI)

ASA1          WS = Ler
DFR           WS = Col
LFY3          WS = Ler

In total : for 18 markers, 7 give a Col pattern and are usable in a Ler x
WS
cross, 10 give a Ler pattern and are usable in a Col x WS cross, one gives
a distinct pattern and is usable in both crosses.
I hope this answers your question. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need
more information.

Sincerely,

David Bouchez
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire