carbenicillin alternatives?

PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Mon Sep 20 12:36:54 EST 1993

SCHMID at Butler.EDU writes
I keep hearing rumors that there are cheaper alternatives to
carbenicillin in the Agro-killing and subsequent steps of
transformation.  I'm using Sigma at $170.90 per 5 grams.
That's quite a big part of the budget at 500 mg/liter.
Any ideas?

I have recently tried a different source of Carbenicillin, called
Gemini Bioproducts.  They sell 5 grams for $100 which is almost
half of what Sigma charges, and I found it to be as good a quality as
you can get from any where.  Gemini Biproducts also sell Cefotaxime
(400-115P) for $200/5 grams and Gentamicin (#400-100P) for $140/10g
in addition to Carbenecillin (#400-105P).  Their address:
Gemini Bioproducts, 5515-M Douglas Rd, Calabasas, CA 91302, USA
Phone: 1-800-543-6464 or 818-591 3530.

Usual Disclaimer:  I don't work for GP nor do I have any stock in them.