Commercially available zoo blots?

AESCHBACHER AESCHBACHER at nyu-medical.med.nyu.edu
Sun Sep 19 21:58:53 EST 1993

Dear networkers

We have isolated the sabre gene from Arabidopsis which appears to
affect cell expansion. It encodes a 154 kd protein for which we could not
find any homology in databases. In order to try to find a function
for the gene, I would like to test whether homologous genes might
exist in other organisms. Therefore I would like to test whether sabre
crosshybridizes to other genomes such as Drosophila, yeast, human, and so on.
My question: I remember that at one point there was a company that
sold Southern blots with all kinds of genomic DNAs on it. Does anybody
remember that company or would anybody know the best way to get hold
of as many DNA samples of various organisms as possible.

I thank you in advance for any comments.

Roger A. Aeschbacher

Dept. of Biology, New York University