ch3 mutant seed

Mike Cherry CHERRY at FRODO.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Sep 20 18:25:04 EST 1993

>         Does anyone know where I can obtain seed for chlorina3 (ch3).  I
>have tried the OSU seed center  and they do not have it.  It was listed in
>the Kranz and Kirchheim AIS vol 24 green seed lines book as mutant V81.  It
>is chl b defective and strong light sensitive.  We need it to finish some
>allelism tests of  a T-DNA tagged chlb defective line we have.  Thanks,
>Dean DellaPenna/ Univ of Arizona
>Dean Della Penna
>University of Arizona

The AAtDB Research Companion lists two versions of these strain as
available from the Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Center.

Strain : "N549"
  Other_name      V81_HET
  Ordering_info   Order_strain_from   Nottingham
  Features    Locus   ch3
  Type    Colour
          Form
  Source      Collection      AIS
              Contributor     Roebbelen, G.
  Background      Enkheim-1
  Mutagen     not known
  Hint    About_AIS_Collection
  Phenotype   Nottingham      Segregation of green and yellow dwarfed plants.
                                Bright green flowering stem.

Strain : "N550"
  Other_name      V81_HOM
  Ordering_info   Order_strain_from   Nottingham
  Type    Colour
          Form
  Source      Collection      AIS
              Contributor     Roebbelen, G.
  Background      Enkheim-1
  Mutagen     not known
  Hint    About_AIS_Collection
  Phenotype   Nottingham      Bright yellow rosette. Dwarf.

You can contact the NASC at:

Mail     "Dr. Mary Anderson, Director of the Nottingham Arabidopsis
        Stock Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of
        Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD UK"
Phone    "+44-602-791216"
E_mail   "PLZMLH at VAX.CCC.NOTTINGHAM.AC.UK"
Fax      "+44-602-513251"

You can reach the AAtDB Research Companion from weeds.mgh.harvard.edu
via Gopher clients or the public access gopher account.