costs/fees

Vance Baird vance_baird at QUICKMAIL.CLEMSON.EDU
Tue Sep 21 15:55:01 EST 1993

                       Subject:                               Time:2:00 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          costs/fees                             Date:9/21/93
I'm trying to set up a "cost-sharing" program for the use of our growth
chambers (we only have three in the Dept.).  At a minimum I want to charge
users (per week or per month) an amount that would cover normal yearly costs
e.g., utilities (electricity and water) and maintenance (bulb replacement or
service contract?), etc.  At the high end I'd like to charge an amount that
would yield a pot of money available to replace/upgrade the units in (5 to) 10
years.
What are your fees?
What are they intended to cover (short term/long term)?
How are such funds handled at your institution?
Thank you for your help.
Vance_Baird at Quickmail.Clemson.EDU
803-656-4953