greenhouse glass

cdt2 at PO.CWRU.EDU cdt2 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Tue Apr 5 10:20:47 EST 1994

An architect friend of mine who is designing a skylight area for a high school
science lab has asked me whether there is any negative side to using either
opaque glass or tinted/reflective glass to reduce the heat load during the
summer. Will opaque or tinted glass pass enough light of the correct quality
for plants? I know that we routinely whitewash the roof of our greenhouse for
the summer to reduce heat load on our coolers with no apparent problem.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Town.