in situ

Neil Butt N.J.Butt at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 08:12:47 EST 1994

Dear netters

We are using riboprobes to investigate expression, in situ, of a gene we
recently isolated. This has been very successful on most tissue sections
except longitudinal sections of mature siliques. The problem is that the
tissue breaks during sectioning, even on 24 um sections (embedded in
paraffin wax). Does anyone
know how we can overcome this. We think the silique is due to disperse
seed when we section, so cutting into it may just facilitate this
process. This implies we will not be able to obtain good sections from
this tissue. We have isolated excellelent cross sections, so it appears
the tissue is properly embedded.

Hope someone can be of help

Neil Butt
Biological Sciences