in situ hybridization using DIG-labelled probe

MBYFTSAY at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW MBYFTSAY at CCVAX.SINICA.EDU.TW
Thu Aug 11 02:48:16 EST 1994

I am interested to use non-radioactive DIG labelled probe for in
situ hybridization on Arabidopsis root sections.  Does anyone
have good protocols for this?  Can you send me a copy?
Any suggestion on this approach will be highly appreciated.

Is it true that ethanol will remove or weaken the signal of
NTB/X-phosphate color Rx?  Is it better to avoid the dehydrating
procedures before mounting?

What will be the best dye for the background tissue staining? Neutral
red, or Toluidine Blue O?

If I get any response, I will compile them and post back to the news net.

Yi-Fang Tsay
Assistant Research Fellow
Institute of Molecular Biology
Academia Sinica