I'm sorry for this post, but--

dnf at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu dnf at nauvax.ucc.nau.edu
Sun Aug 21 02:28:40 EST 1994

Okay, I gather this is some sort of science-oriented newsgroup, so I apologize
that this post does not have too much to do with the topic, but I accidentally
brought up this newsgroup (don't ask how) and since the title of this news-
group is just so intriguing for someone like me who doesn't quite understand
works like crassa and genome and arabidopsis, that my curiousity got the best
of me and I just had to see what type of discussion goes on here. (how's that
for a long sentence?)  I read a few posts and have no idea what you all are
talking about.  I gather this all has something to do with cells?  I looked
but see no faq.  Just to satisfy my now-curious-mind-which-doesn't-happen-to-
have-a-medical-dictionary-around mind, could someone please explain to me in
layman's terms just what exactly this newsgroup is all about?  I'm not asking
just to be crass;  I really am curious...

Hoping that you don't take me as some sort of obnoxious fool running in on a
newsgroup that's way over his head...

-David