DNA methylation

Carolyn M Wetzel cmwetzel at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 2 13:29:28 EST 1994

Hello,
	I am analyzing methylation of a specific DNA region in an
Arabidopsis mutant.  So far I have tried HpaII versus MspI (CCGG versus
C5mCGG) but would like to use an enzyme that cuts 5mCCGG and one that
cuts regardless of methylation at both sites (MspI will cut only if the
outer C is unmethylated).  Is this just wishful thinking, or do these
enzymes really exist?  I've looked through some catalogs and papers, but
with no luck.
	Any suggestions or pointers to references will be useful.
Thank you,  Carolyn

Carolyn M. Wetzel			cmwetzel at iastate.edu
Postdoctoral Research Associate		Tel. 515/294-7784
Department of Botany			Bessey Hall
Iowa State University			Ames, Iowa  50011-1020