Help

XuHu xuhu at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU
Mon Dec 5 15:29:59 EST 1994

Dear net reader:

We are using expression vectors (PET vectors from Novagene and pRSET
vectors from Invitrogen) to express a plant protein.  For an unknown
reason,  production of the fusion protein is very low in pET vector system.
 We would like to try it in pRSET vector but our M13/T7 phage stock is not
work (no plaque can be recovered!).  To get it from the company we have to
buy the whole expression system.  Can someone give us some M13/T7 phage
(M13 contains T7 RNA ploymerase gene)?  Any suggestion and comments on the
poor expression in pET system?

Thanks in advance!
                                                     Xu Hu
*   E-mail: xuhu at lamar.colostate.edu      *
*      Tel: (303) 491 2189 (Lab)          *
*     Mail:                               *
*           Dept. of Biology              *
*           Colorado State University     *
*           E106 Anat/Zoo Bldg            *
*           Fort Collins, CO 80523        *
*    Dept Fax: 303 491 0649               *