whole mount in situ

williams at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU williams at MENDEL.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Dec 15 13:00:02 EST 1994

I've been trying to use the whole mount in situ protocol on Arabidopsis
roots (Ludevid et al. (1992) Plant Phys 100, 1633-1639). I keep getting a
probe-independent staining in the region of cell elongation, and the only
probe dependent staining I've seen is restricted to the epidermis. Does
anyone with experience using this technique have any suggestions? I'm
hoping to see expression in the pericycle, so I'm worried about the
endodermis stopping my probes from getting in.....
thanks, mary williams