universal promoter

M.M.VAN.LOOKEREN.CAMPAGNE at CPRO.AGRO.nl M.M.VAN.LOOKEREN.CAMPAGNE at CPRO.AGRO.nl
Tue Feb 15 06:07:03 EST 1994

Question about promoters:

Does anyone know of a suitable (well characterized) promoter that is
constitutively active in all plant tissues including pollen (in Tobacco
and/or Arabidopsis).

We are working on microspore development. The CaMV 35S-promoter is not active
in microspores, and therefore not suitable for our purposes.

I realize that such a promoter probably does not exist, but anything that
gives decent expression in most tissues (including microspores/pollen!) would
probably suffice.

Any suggestions welcome!

Michiel M. Van Lookeren Campagne
"campagne at cpro.agro.nl"