EST clones

Keith R Davis krdavis at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 15 18:03:32 EST 1994

Arabidopsis Researchers:

As many of you are aware, the Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center at Ohio
State has agreed to archive and distribute the EST clones currently being
generated by Tom Newman and coworkers at MSU as well as a consortium of French
groups.  We currently have over 3,000 clones in stock and we are incorporating
more clones into our collection as quickly as they are received. However, you
should be aware that we do not yet have all of the clones listed in the various
databases at the Center. I am working with the various groups in an attempt to
expedite the timely deposit of clones into the Center, with the ultimate goal
of having clones available very soon after their sequences show up in the EST
database.

In the meantime, if you wish to get an up-to-date listing of the EST clones,
you can use anonymous ftp or gopher as outlined below. The EST files are
MSU.est.1293 and FRENCH.est.0194 in the /pub/ABRC directory.  The ABRC catalog
is also available as a set of files in this directory.

As always, you may order clones by contacting me by e-mail
(dna at genesys.cps.msu.edu) or by FAX (614-292-5379). Be sure to include the
clone ID number and your complete mailing address.

Cheers,

Keith Davis
Associate Director, ABRC
DNA Stocks

INTRODUCTION TO THE AIMS FTP SERVER AND AIMS GOPHER