Postdoc in Versailles, France

Salah Shata shata at stoner.eps.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 18 10:28:48 EST 1994

David Tepfer (tepfer at versailles.inra.fr) wrote:

: Postdoctoral position in the Laboratoire de Biologie
: de la Rhizosphre, I.N.R.A., Versailles

: The subject is the role of plant secondary metabolites in interactions between
: roots and their biotic environment. We will concentrate on a family of small
: molecules called calystegins, which are nutritional mediators of
: plant/bacterial associations  [Tepfer et al. (1988), J. Bacteriol. 170, 1153-
: 1161; Goldmann et al. (1990), Phytochemistry 29, 2125-2127].
: Calystegins provide an exclusive carbon and nitrogen source to soil bacteria
: that can catabolize them, and they are potent glycosidase inhibitors [Molyneux
: et al. (1993), Arch Biochem Biophys 304, 81-88]. Research will involve
: plant genetic engineering, microbial ecology and genetics and collaborations
: with chemists. Applicants with experience in molecular biology are preferred.
: Salary: 10,000 to 13,000 FF per month; one year contract, renewable for a
: second year. Send C.V. and names of 3 referees to D. Tepfer, I.N.R.A., 78026
: Versailles Cedex, France.