Vacuum infiltration again

David Bouchez bouchez at tournesol.versailles.inra.fr
Wed Jan 12 06:16:45 EST 1994

Hello everybody,

We are pleased to learn that vacuum infiltration transformation
works successfully in other laboratories.
The papers mentioned in the protocol posted earlier are now
published. Reprints are available and can be ordered by e-mail.
Please order both papers from Nicole or me, it will simplify
our paper work.

Bouchez D, Camilleri C, Caboche M (1993). A binary vector based
on Basta resistance for in planta transformation of Arabidopsis
thaliana. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Life Sciences, 316 : 1188-1193

(describes vectors and basta selection procedure)

Bechtold N, Ellis J, Pelletier G (1993). In planta Agrobacterium
gene transfer by infiltration of adult Arabidopsis thaliana plants.
C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Life Sciences, 316 : 1194-1199.

(describes transformation by vacuum infiltration)

David Bouchez
I. N. R. A.
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire
78026 Versailles cedex FRANCE