post-doc positions at the John Innes Centre

COUPLANDG at JII.AFRC.AC.UK COUPLANDG at JII.AFRC.AC.UK
Fri Jan 14 04:57:40 EST 1994

		POST-DOC POSITIONS AT THE JOHN INNES CENTRE

The following post-doc positions are available to work on Arabidopsis at
the John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK.

Analysis of expression of the CONSTANS (CO) gene

Mutations at the CO locus cause a pronounced late-flowering phenotype and
are partially dominant. We used chromosome walking to isolate the gene
(Putterill et al (1993) MGG 239:145-157) and finally identified it by
molecular complementation and the sequencing of alleles. An AFRC funded
post-doc position is now available to analyse the expression of CO in
wild-type plants, and to examine the effect on CO expression of other
mutations that affect flowering time.

Transposon tagging

We used the Ac/Ds system for transposon tagging in Arabidopsis (Swinburne
et al (1992) Plant Cell 4:583-595; Long et al (1993) PNAS 90:10370-10374).
We have now identified several tagged mutations in these populations and
are analysing the affected genes in several cases. An AFRC funded post-doc
position is now available to use Ac/Ds to inactivate ORFs identified as
part of the EC-funded genomic sequencing programme, and to examine the
effect of these insertions on phenotype.

Both of these positions are available immediately and further information
can be obtained from:

George Coupland, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich, UK.

FAX (603)505725   TEL (603) 52571

E-mail  couplandg at uk.ac.afrc.jii