A.thal genome basic info needed

Anupam Datta anup at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 14 17:34:28 EST 1994

Hi!

I  am a graduate student in Bioengg at Univ of Wash. As a part of a
course on Technologies for Genome Analysis, I needed to get to know ALL I
can about a particular genome.
As luck would have had it, I was assigned "Arabidopsis thaliana" about
which I have no knowledge.
In particular, I need to get to know the genome  size, chromosome no. and
organization, no. of genes, bp composition, type of repeats.

I would be grateful if some knowledgeable soul on this newsgroup could
help me out.  Any references are also welcome. Pls. reply to my e-mail
address below (as this might be very basic info other readers may not be
interested in)

Thanks in advance,

...Anupam Datta
e-mail address: anup at u.washington.edu