Request for Tomato tissue culture line

unknown at dl.ac.uk unknown at dl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 14:53:24 EST 1994

I want to use Tomato tissue culture cells to investigate various aspects
of sterol biosynthesis and prenylation in plants.  Unfortunately,
several attempts to culture VFNT Cherry cells as either callus or
suspension cells have been unsuccessful.  Does anyone have a healthy
Tomato tissue culture cell line (any cultivar) currently growing?  If
so, I am interested in obtaining a sample thereof.  You may respond
either over the net or to the below email address.  Thank you in
advance.

John Jelesko
(Gruissem Lab, UC Berkeley)
email address:  jelesko at nature.berkeley.edu