Post-doctoral position

Nick Carpita carpita at btny.purdue.edu
Fri Jan 21 08:38:45 EST 1994

Post-doctoral position

Dear colleagues:

I have post-doctoral postion is currently available for an individual with
a background in plant biochemistry and molecular biology to study the
proteins involved in the interaction of the cytoskeleton and cell wall. We
found that the plasma membrane forms tight adhesions to the cell wall
under conditions of abiotic and biotic stress.  Proteins antigenically
similar to those found in animal cells have been found in the cell walls,
and we search for transmembrane linking proteins and those that couple
actin to the plasma membrane.  Please see the commentary "The plant
cytoskeleton-cell wall continuum" in Trends in Cell Biology 3:413-417 for
a more extensive description of this new area of research.
Experience in molecular biology is essential.  Interested
candidates should submit to me, by FAX or by email, a CV and the names and
addresses of 3 references.

Purdue University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Nick Carpita
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN
47907-1155
carpita at btny.purdue.edu