gus stability- the replies

djackson at nature.berkeley.edu djackson at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 24 16:32:19 EST 1994

Thanks to those who replied to my question about GUS stability in plant
cells.  The replies are posted below.   Seems that no one is trying to
engineer a more unstable version, though I discussed this with Richard
Jefferson and he suggested a strategy to screen for ts mutants in E. coli.
I am going to try fusing a domain of the maize homeobox gene Knotted1 to
GUS- this domain is similar to PEST domains in many rapidly turned over
animal proteins.  If I find anything I'll keep the network informed,
David Jackson.

djackson at NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU