antisense transformation to identify function w/o mutations

CHU at mis.barnard.columbia.edu CHU at mis.barnard.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:10:53 EST 1994

To the members of the dops community...

Can anyone tell me whether one might have seen any published work
concerning the transformation of Arabidopsis using antisense constructs
to identify gene function in the absence of mutants.  It seems to me
that this type of experiment has been done less in Arabidopsis than
with less genetically-amenable species.  I'd appreciate any thoughts
that one might have concerning these techniques/references to such
published works (in Arabidopsis).  I'll post all responses.  Thanks for
you time.

Nate Chu
chu at mis.barnard.columbia.edu

Barnard College