Needed: Plant Actin

jjc4 at PO.CWRU.EDU jjc4 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Tue Jul 5 13:19:44 EST 1994

Hi,
My colleagues and I have cloned from an Arabidopsis library
an actin-like protein with a novel activity. The protein
produced by our isolated cDNA is obviously similar to actin
but it also has major structural differences-- so we do not
believe it to be an Arabidopsis actin. What we would like to do
is to test real Arabidopsis actin as a control to demonstrate
that it does (or doesn't) have the same novel activity.
Unfortunately, we do not have any Arabidopsis, or plant, actin
with which to perform this experiment. Does anyone out in
netland have and is willing to part with the cDNA for
Arabidopsis actin-- or any other plant actin?

                							Jim Campanella
											Case Western University
											Department of Biology