Root regeneration

ROCK at UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU ROCK at UNCVX1.OIT.UNC.EDU
Thu Jul 14 09:24:04 EST 1994

'Netters,

I am interested in screening M1 roots for dominant mutations which affect
GUS activity.  The question is whether this is worth the trouble of
regenerating plants from the mutated root tissue, when I could find the same
mutants in the M2, but after a much larger screening effort.  Does anyone
know the relative ease in regenerating Landsberg plants from root tissue,
possibly by A. rhizogenes transformation or otherwise?  I'
I'll post responses to the net.

Cheers,

Chris Rock