Green Fluorescent Protein

Daniel J. Kliebenstein djk6 at CORNELL.EDU
Mon Jul 25 16:36:10 EST 1994

Howdy,

        I was wondering if anyone out there has been using the Green
Fluorescent Protein described in Science by Chalfie, et al. (1994, Feb. 11.
263;p. 802-7).  Specifically I would like to know if the fluorescence can
be detected through the plants chromophores?  Also how much of the protein
has to be present for the fluorescence to be detectable by the eye without
any aids.  I greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give me in
advance.  Thanks.

Aufwiedersehn
         Dan