Tet repressor arabidopsis and inducible expression.

john shanklin shanklin at BNLUX1.BNL.GOV
Thu Jul 28 14:07:02 EST 1994

I received many replies to my call for tet expressing Arabidopsis plants.
The simple answer seems to be that only Gatz has really had success so far.
Many have tried and been unsuccessful, some are in the process of analyzing
transgenics, and maintain hope, and others want to know if it works so they
can use it too.
	Rumor has it that it is not working quite as anticipated in whole
tobacco, though it is reputed to work in tobacco cells.
	If anyone has anything to add, I would like to leave this question
open.  Also if anyone is having great success with any of the sundry
insucible expression systems out there please reply, I think it would be
useful for all to have a reproducible inducible expression system
for Arabidopsis.
John Shanklin Brookhaven National Lab, Upton, NY.