Banding nuclei on Percol?

Leonard N. Bloksberg bloksber at pilot.msu.edu
Fri Jul 29 11:42:00 EST 1994

I am trying, with limited success, to isolate nuclei from Ath.  I am
losing what I think I have when I try to band them on a percol gradient.
I tried a [40% percol - 60% percol - 80% percol - 2M sucrose] discontinuous
gradient and couldn't recover anything.  The problem may have been the small
amount of starting material in my pilot prep, or maybe the gradient.  Is
anyone willing to share their favorite protocol for Ath nuclei, and what
concentrations of percol to use in the gradient, and where I should expect
the nuclei to band on said gradient.  Thanks in advance for the help.
.
Leonard N. Bloksberg
bloksber at pilot.msu.edu
.