search for a post-doc

Fabien Nogue nogue at oxygene.versailles.inra.fr
Tue Jun 7 06:50:26 EST 1994

  Thank you for reading I am looking for a post-doctoral position in
hormone research, especially in the area of "Reception/Transduction" of
hormone signal. I am a graduate student at Institut National de la
Recherche Agronomique de Versailles in France, and expect to receive my
PhD in March, 1995. The group I am part of, directed by Dr M. Laloue,
works on the role and mode of action of cytokinins using several different
approaches (binding proteins, uptake, mutants). The subject of my thesis
is the identification of a cytokinin receptor in the chloroplast using a
radiolabeled photoactive agonist of cytokinins. I have specifically
photolabeled a 43 kDa peptide localized in the thylakoid membrane of Pisum
sativum chloroplasts. The strategy that I am using for the identification
of this cytokinin binding protein is a purification by anion exchange
column chromatography followed by two dimension gel electrophoresis of the
labeled peptide for N-terminal sequencing. I hope that the sequence of
this protein will help me to understand its putative role in the mecanism
of action of cytokinins in the chloroplast. Another part of my work is the
characterization of a specific response of a Nicotiana plumbaginifolia
cytokinin resistant mutant, zea1 to exogenous cytokinins. For further
research and advanced training, I am searching for a postdoctoral position
in a related area. My fiancee is a graduate student at INRA Versailles in
France and expects also to receive her PhD in April, 1995. She is working
on molecular and biochemical characterization of "Ogura" cytoplasmic male
sterility in G. Pelletier's group (Dept. of Genetics).
  Curriculum Vitae
-------------------
 Name : Fabien Nogue
 Sex : Male
 Date of birth    : december 27, 1966
 Place of birth   : St Georges de Didonne, France
 Marital Status   :  single
 Nationality      : French
 Present address  :
 Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire
 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
 78026 Versailles, France
Education
-------------
 1991-1995
 Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire
 INRA 78000 Versailles, France
 PhD expected, March 1995 in Plant Developemental Biology.
 Title of thesis : "Search for cytokinin receptors by photoaffinity
labeling".
 1990 - 1991
 University of  Paris VI
 DEA : Plant Developmental Biology.
 1988 - 1989
 University of  Paris VI
 Master's Degree of cellular biology and physiology.
 1987 - 1988
 University of  Paris VI
 Bachelor's degree of cellular biology and physiology.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Fabien, Nogue
Departement de Biologie cellulaire
INRA
78026 Versailles