suppressor cloning

LABRIE at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu LABRIE at wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
Wed Jun 15 11:12:02 EST 1994

To someone more clever than me-
Mostly as a theoretical exercise I was trying to come up with a method
to set up a screen for suppressor mutations that would allow for the
easiest possible cloning of the newly identified gene. One complication
is that the mutation I am interested in suppressing is in the ws ecotype,
making subsequent mapping experiments more difficult since most markers
are designed to notice differences between the la-er and col genomes.
Any help would be appreciated and I will post a summary if warranted.

Sam LaBrie