postdoctoral position available

pcronald at UCDAVIS.EDU pcronald at UCDAVIS.EDU
Fri Jun 17 13:52:08 EST 1994

Dear Colleague,

Please bring this announcement to the attention of qualified individuals.
Applicants can contact me by telephone, fax or email.

A post-doctoral position is available in my laboratory to study the
molecular basis of   disease resistance in rice.  The position is funded
for two years, with possiblity of renewal.

Projects include the cloning and characterization of disease resistance
genes to rice bacterial leaf blight (BLB) and blast, molecular and genetic
analysis of disease susceptible mutants, construction of BAC/cosmid contigs
over resistance loci, analysis of sequences expressed in targeted
chromosomal regions, and analysis of transgenic plants expressing putative
cloned resistance genes.

The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to this analysis,
but also will have freedom to pursue other areas of molecular
plant-pathogen interactions according to her or his interests.

Experience in molecular biology is essential and experience with protein
biochemistry, plant pathology, and plant genetics is desirable.  Interested
individuals should submit a curriculum vitae, and the names and adresses of
three references to me by either electronic or standard mail.

Sincerely,
Pamela Ronald