(none)

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Fri Jun 24 03:05:21 EST 1994

> Since I have a hard time believing that Machi is the only person
> subscribing to the list who uses autoreply (I still do, but haven't
> lately), there seems to have been a filter in place that failed in this
> case. Is this something on which you can shed some light, David
> Kristofferson?
>
> In any event, readers of this list should not blame Dr. Dilworth (or
> others) whose autoreplies occasionally (and accidentally) find their way
> onto distributed lists.

I noticed this yesterday and looked into it after first suspending the
address in case the program had gone haywire (there are vacation
programs that are not well-written, and I didn't know what was in
use.).  The problem was at NSF and has been resolved.  Dr. Dilworth's
address has been restored to the mailing list.

One other important point, if a problem comes up, please be sure to
contact me via the biosci-help at net.bio.net address.  Mail sent to my
personal address gets answered last or, as in this case, at 1 AM in
the morning 8-).  I have to use special addresses to sort and
prioritize tasks, and any BIOSCI newsgroup problem should be directed
to biosci-help at net.bio.net for a quicker response.  In the "good old
days", i.e., a short time ago on Internet time scales 8-), I was able
to read each newsgroup personally and catch problems like this.  Given
the explosive growth of Internet use in the last year, you are more
likely to get my attention quickly now (or another person's if I am
on the road) by going through biosci-help at net.bio.net.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager